Whether you are just weeks or months away from the big day, your wedding day is on your mind 24/7. You are going over every detail and trying to make sure that nothing goes forgotten but sometimes that’s inevitable. That’s why we curated a list of the 10 things every bride should remember before her wedding day because even though it’s your special day, you are probably thinking of everybody but yourself!
- Don’t forget to eat! We know that your wedding day is a hectic day that you’ve been waiting for, but do not skip breakfast! It’s going to be a busy day and you are going to have a lot of people whisking you away so make sure to eat while you can.
2. Doing a first look session can calm your nerves. Seeing each other before the ceremony and having a private moment together will make the big moment more of a breeze!
3. Practice posing in the mirror prior to your wedding. This way you will feel more comfortable in front of the camera and you can work your best angles.
4. Hire a videographer! The day will fly by and it’ll be nice to have a video of the highlights of the day. Plus, maybe you’ll see something that you missed!
5. Practice for your first dance. Even if you opt out of professional dance lessons, make sure to practice dancing with each other a couple times to get the rhythm down. When you’re in front of all of your guests your nerves may be up so do everything that you can to practice!
6. Have comfortable shoes! Bring an extra pair of flats or sandals to keep with you during the reception. Your wedding shoes ARE super cute and may be comfortable to stand in, but probably are not the best for dancing.
7. It’s okay to be a little frivolous! This is your day and whether you’ve been dreaming about it for months or years, you’re allowed to have it your way. So get the flowers you want and get the cake that you want!
8. There will probably be one thing that stresses you out on the big day. But don’t worry! It happens to everyone and that’s why you should dedicate someone as your go-to person to help you in such a situation. Delegating will help to ease your troubles as much as possible.
9. Don’t take on too many DIY projects. It’s easy to say “Oh I could make that myself” but some things are more time and money consuming than assumed. Splurging a little more on the finished item will save you time and maybe a bit of sanity!
10. Don’t forget to take a step back and enjoy! It is going to be a crazy day and it WILL go by quicker than you realize. Take advice from good old Jim and and Pam and take “mental pictures” throughout the day and create your own memories with your new hubby!