If you’re the bride looking to get pointers for your Maid or Matron of Honor, congratulations! If you’re the Maid or Matron of Honor looking to take some notes for yourself, welcome! We truly understand how overwhelming weddings can be as there is a lot of behind the scenes action that many guests don’t even realizes exists. If you’re ever starting to feel too overwhelmed, take a moment to breathe and think of these helpful tips if you ever think you’re forgetting something!
- Go to different venues with the bride to scope out the perfect one (if needed). If either the bride or groom is unable to attend a meeting with a venue or vendor, you should definitely try to be there if you can!
- Work with the bride on her save the dates (if applicable) and wedding invitations.
- Be by the bride’s side as she shops for wedding and bridesmaids dresses. It is her day, but you want to make sure you love what you’re wearing as well! Also, you want to make sure this gets done EARLY. There needs to be enough time for alterations.
- Plan the bridal shower and bachelorette party (if the bride is into that!).
- Attend different bridal shows to help get ideas for the wedding. There are many upcoming Rock The Aisle Bridal Shows throughout the state of NJ that have different venues and vendors!
- Help keep order between the bridesmaids. We know that there is a lot going on, so try to help keep everyone relaxed so tension doesn’t rise.
- Attend the rehearsal dinner and make last minute reminders!
- Lastly, reach out to the bride and ask what she needs help with! This is just a minor list compared to all the planning the bride will be doing. Some brides may want more help, and others will want less.
- Make sure the bride arrives and is (hopefully) on time!
- Help the bride with hair and makeup and getting into her gown. If there are young children in the bridal party, help them as well.
- You should be the messenger in case the bride needs to communicate with either her family or the groom.
- Keep tissues on you in case the bride needs them when she’s at the altar.
- You will be the one to take her bouquet during the ceremony.
- Try to get to the wedding reception before everyone else to make sure everything is set-up and going as planned.
- Keep an eye on the bride to make sure she looks great at all times! If her veil is tilted or there’s a smudge in her makeup, help her out.
- Finally, we know it’s been a long day, but definitely try to have some fun!!